He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation. Psalm 91:1-2,14-16
What does it mean, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty? The Word of God says we are to abide in Christ (John 15) denoting a continual, constant and continuous dwelling in the secret place under His shadow. How near to we have to be in order for His shadow to fall upon us? We must walk very closely to Him for His shadow to be upon us. Dwelling in the secret place of the Most High provides for us great and precious promises.
Look with me at these promises: Psalm 91:15
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him (The Lord will answer our prayers.)
- I will be with him in trouble (Comfort in trouble) The Lord will be with us in our troubling times to comfort us.
- I will deliver him (God will deliver us from trouble.)
- and honour him (Answered prayer is honoring a reward to you)
- With long life will I satisfy him (Living in the secret place will give to us long life and we, in that life, will be satisfied.)
- shew him my salvation (In the climax of blessing, we will one day see our Salvation the One who paid it all.)
To whom do these privileges belong? Can anyone claim these precious promises?
- To those who know my name. Psalm 91:14
A personal relationship with the Lord is required to have such special promises.
- To those that set their love upon me. Psalm 91:14
Loving the Lord with all our heart, mind and soul is essential.
Thought: Are you dwelling in the secret place of the Most High and abiding in the shadow of the Almighty? Special promises and privileges come with remaining in that secret place and under the shadow. The Most High God is Elohim, the true God of absolute authority and supremacy. To abide under the shadow of the Almighty is to be in the presence of El Shaddi, the ever-existent One, the One mighty to nourish, supply and satisfy.
My desire is to dwell in the secret place of the Most high and to continuously abide under the shadow of the Almighty that I may experience the dimensions (the height, depth, length or breath) of these great and precious promises from Almighty God.